Visual Basic program VB HVstar - Description and operation
Introduction and Purpose
The purpose of the Visual Basic program VB VHstar is to demonstrate the High Velocity stars by performing a simulation of 3 objects with different masses.
To download an executable and the source code select: VB HVstar.zip
The program consists of 3 displays:
- A Control Display. This display shows the masses of the 3 objects, and pushbuttons to Start and Stop the program.
- A Trajectory Display. This display shows the path of the 3 objects: m1, m2 and m3.
- A Data Displays. This display shows certain parameters of each simulation cylce.
The program is based around Newton's Law.
Only two dimensions are considered: x and y.
Operation of the program is done from the Control Display. See below for more information.
The Control Display contains for push buttons: "Start", "Cancel", "Next" and "Clear".
- The "Start" push button is used to start the program.
After the "Start" push button is pressed the program performs test 0. Test 0 consists of 18 cycles, with alpha between 0 and 180 degrees in increments of 10 degrees.
Operation of the program involves 3 displays:
1) Control. 2) Trajectory and 3) Data
- The Control Display Shows the following 4 Push Buttons: Start Stop Next and Clear.
- The Start Push button is used to start the program.
- The Stop Push Button is used to stop the program
- The Next Push Button is used to go to the next cycle
- The Clear Push Button is used to clear the Trajectory Display
Original 2 December 2011
Back to my home page: Contents of This Document