In this section contains:
- QBASIC implementation details for all 21 programs.
- Visual Basic 5.0 implementation details for 4 programs: VBTrain, VBslinshot, VBKuiper and VBVirialTh
- EXCEL details for 7 programs: Circ11.xls (Circ12.xls ... Circ16.xls), GRotC.xls, FindPrim.xls, Mond.xls, Bigbang3.xls, onoff.xls, pensioen.xls and planet1.xls
QBASIC implementation help
If you like you can download a QBASIC translator,
qbasic.zip (282 K, Zip file).
A translator allows you to enter and run a program, but not to create an executable (.EXE) file
If you want to download a QBasic compiler select the following:
All my programmes are written with that compiler.
A compiler allows you to enter and run a program and to create an executable (.EXE) file
- QuickBasic Cafe
- Select Enter (English version)
- Select Compilers. (From left box, below Downloads)
- Surf to the section COMPILERS. There are 5 compilers listed: FirstBas, Compiler 1.1, 3.0, 4.5 and 7.1
- Select: Compiler 4.5 (966kB Zip file)
You can also try Compiler 7.1 (4868kB Zip file)
This compiler supports the same statements as 4.5 plus many more.
The performance is also better.
You can down load the programs in two ways:
- As source code, in the form of .BAS files
- As an executable, in the form of .ZIP files
Before you down load two things are important
- Use (Open) a separate directory to either store your .BAS or .ZIP files
- None of the 20 programs performs internally any disc READS or WRITES. You have to trust the owner of this home page for that, See Virus for security issues.
- In order to run the programs you need one copy of BRUN45. This is a standard MicroSoft library. You have to trust MS that this program does not access any disc IO except when specific requested.
If you have a QBASIC compiler, you can down load:
- programs 1 - 21 as .BAS files. 21progbas.zip (65 K, Zip file).
- Each of the 21 programs separately. See below
If you do not have a QBASIC compiler, you can down load:
- programs 1 - 21 as .EXE files. 21progexe.zip (243 K, Zip file).
- Each of the 21 programs separately. See column "QBasic zip" below
- Each zip file contains both: *.EXE and *.bas
- Support program BRUN45.EXE brun45.zip (54 K, Zip file).
This program is required for anyone of the 21 QBasic programs
(1) Program 19 Shor's Algorithm is also availble as an EXCEL spreadsheet program
VISUAL BASIC 5.0 implementation help
If you want to down load the 10 Visual Basic 5.0 Programs as .EXE files select: VB exe.zip (138 K, Zip file).
This zip file contains the following programs:
If you want to excute a Visual Basic 5.0 Program you have to download the Visual Basic 5.0 Run-Time Files Msvbvm50.exe
This extraction file contains the following files:
- Msvbvm50.dll, Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll, Stdole2.tlb, Asycfilt.dll and Comcat.dll
which are stored in the directory: C:/windows/system (Windows 98) or in the directory C:/windows/system32 (Windows XP)
For a copy Goto: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;180071
The following VB 6.0 programs are available as Zip files:
VISUAL BASIC 5.0 program operation
The basic operation of all VISUAL BASIC programs is identical. They all use a STRART button, a CANCEL button and some additional control parameters.
- The START button is used to start a simulation. The START button has three states: START, SELECT and STOP. After selecting START the button will change into SELECT. The SELECT state is used to enter the control parameters. After selecting SELECT the simulation will start. The button will change into STOP. After selecting STOP the current simulation will stop and the button will change in START.
- The CANCEL button is used to terminate the program. After seleting CANCEL the program will END.
- The additional control parameters are used control the performance of each simulation.
- The VBtrain program has 1 parameter: "Simulation Select". When "Simulation Select" is 1 track is Round. When 2 the track has the shape of a horse race track. All other values will terminate the program.
- The VBslingshot program has 4 option buttons: "Speed up", "Large Effect", "Fast update" and "Mass = 0". Each description reflect the performance when the option is selected. When "Speed up" is not selected the simulation will simulate "Speed Down". When "Large Effect" is selected m3 will pass at a very short distance along m2. When "Large Effect" is not selected the distance will be larger. When "Mass = 0" is not selected, the mass of m3 is 20.
- The VBKuiper program has 1 parameter: "Simulation Select". The parameter "Simulation Select" has 9 different values.
- The VBVirialTh program has 3 parameters:"n" to selct the number of objects involved, "Reff" to define the radius of the cluster and "Random" to define the initial value of the random number generator.
- You can change the size of horizontal and vertical border of each Form.
VISUAL BASIC 2010 implementation help
If you want to down load the Visual Basic 2010 Programs as .EXE files select: VB2010 exe.zip (128 K, Zip file). This zip file contains the following programs:
EXCEL implementation help
There are eight EXCEL programs available:
CIRC11.XLS, GRotC.xls, FINDPRIM.XLS, MOND.XLS, BIGBANG3.XLS, ONOFF.XLS PENSIOEN.XLS and PLANET1.xls
- CIRC11.XLS belongs to a group of 6 programs: Circ11.xls, Circ12.xls, Circ13.xls, Circ14.xls, Circ15.xls and Circ16.xls
Each program simulates 5 different flat rotation curves.
- For a copy of all 6 programs select: circ.zip
- For a description of all 6 programs select: circ11.xls.htm
- FINDPRIM.XLS is the same as QBASIC program 19: FINDPRIM.BAS "Shor's Algorithm simulation".
To get a copy in zip format select: findprim.xls.zip
- For a description of FINDPRIM.XLS select: findprim.xls.htm
- GRotC.xls calculates a Galaxy ROTation Curves.
For a copy of the program in zip format select grotc.xls.zip
- For a description select grotc.xls.htm
- mond.xls simulates the MOND algorithm
To get a copy in zip format select: mond.xls.zip
- For a description of MOND.XLS select: mond.htm and go to paragraph: Reflection part 5
- onoff.xls simulates ON OFF control in order to generate random numbers.
To get a copy in zip format select: onoff.xls.zip
- For a description of ONOFF.XLS select: onoff.xls.htm
- pensioen-geboortejaar.xls & pensioen-generatie.xlssimulates the evolution of a pensioen plan
To get a copy in zip format select: pensioen.xls.zip
- For a description of PENSIOEN.XLS in Dutch select: pensioen.xls.htm
Last modified: 16 December 2002
Last modified: 6 Maart 2004
Last modified: 13 December 2005
Modified: 25 August 2010
Modified: 10 August 2012
Back to my home page Contents of This Document